Congradulations to the winner, Teslaca, picked from random.org
Yes, you did read that right. I did use the word’s “Healthy” and “Dessert” in the same sentence. And, doing so I’m not talking about “fat free” or “sugar free”, which are not health at all, but thats a topic for another day. Mom-blogger at Modern Alternative Mama, and author, Kate Tietje has just released her 4th cook book “Treat Yourself: Real Food Desserts”!
Kate’s book is loaded with fabulous recipes utilizing natural ingredients such as honey (with immune benefits, especially when using local honey), pure maple syrup (not the kind that has corn syrup in it), Sucanat (the least processed form of granular sugar) comparable to Rapadura; also, butter, cream, fruit, almond flour and sprouted grain flour and other natural foods. For those with food allergies and gluten sensitivity or intolerance she has plenty of grain-free and some GAPS-friendly recipe’s too!
I have tried the Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce from Kate’s dessert cookbook, her version of Nutella, a favorite in many households. It was extremely easy to make, and no artificial unpronounceable ingredients! It MIGHT have taken me 6 minuets. We dipped banana’s in the Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce for an after dinner treat. Kate also suggest trying it atop her crepe recipe or as a frosting on a cake. This is definitely a great recipe if you want to impress the family and throw together a quick dessert in a bind.
Tonight my husband requested Lemon cake so I whipped out Kate’s new book and was happy to make Kate’s version of this classic dessert, loaded with wholesome ingredients and a great fresh taste for the summer. It turned out very moist and very lemony! Her recipe called for a bunt pan which I didn’t have so I used a 11×8 glass baking dish and enjoyed the same great taste, toped with homemade whipped cream (without white sugar).
GIVEAWAY (starts 9/12, ends 9/16/2011)
Kate has generously donated a free copy of “Treat Yourself: Real Food Desserts” for one lucky reader.
Here’s how to enter:
- To be entered go to Modern Alternative Mama and leave a comment at this post of which recipe from the Table of Contents you would most like to try. Be sure to leave a valid e-mail so I can contact you to claim your prize.
For Extra entries:
- Subscribe to Mom Going Green and leave a comment stating that you did.
- Blog about this giveaway and linking to Mom Going Green using ” Healthy Dessert’s Cookbook Giveaway” as the title in your blog’s post. Then, leave a comment here with a link to your post.
- Go to Modern Alternative Mama and subscribe and comment here that you did so.
- Go to Modern Alternative Mama and Follow on Twitter, and comment here that you did so.
- Follow me on (DrHeatherP) on Twitter and Tweeting about this giveaway. Then comment with a link to your tweet.
- Add Mom Going Green to your blog roll and comment that you did so, with a link to your site.
If you do not win the giveaway but would really like to own this fabulous cookbook you can purchase the book at Modern Alternative Mama and receive 25% off using the following code: GREENTREAT. It expires on: 9/19/1